Stowell & Co is regarded as a top specialist Conveyancing firm and offers a full spectrum of Property Law and Conveyancing services. Whilst nine of our thirteen Directors are qualified Conveyancers, six are practicing specialists in various diverse areas of Conveyancing. These Directors have very extensive experience in dealing with the Deeds Office, development authorities and various Municipalities and working in collaboration with the relevant Provincial Government Departments and the Commissioner of Land Restitution.
At a general level, all of our Conveyancing Directors deal with all aspects of Commercial and Residential Conveyancing by providing the following services to both private individuals, Developers and estate agents throughout the province,
- PREPARATION AND DRAFTING OF AGREEMENTS OF SALE
- THE PREPARATION AND DRAFTING OF LEASES
- REGISTRATION OF TRANSFERS AND MORTGAGE BONDS
- SUBDIVISION AND CONSOLIDATION OF PROPERTIES
- NOTARIAL WORK – we have four practising Notary Publics attending to all aspects of Notarial work including marriage contracts (ante nuptial contracts), Notarial Bonds and Notarial Servitudes.
- SECTIONAL TITLE DEVELOPMENTS – Brian Kurz registered the country’s first Sectional Title Register in 1971 and since then Brian and Rodney Trotter have acted for many Developers throughout the province in opening Sectional Title Registers, extensions of schemes, and subdivision and consolidation of sections. Rupert Edwardes is also a specialist in this area.
- LOW COST HOUSING– Rupert Edwardes and Macdonald Chitja are specialists in this area of Conveyancing and have attended to the registrations of large developments on behalf of a number of leading housing delivery establishments and municipalities.
- TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENTS- Under the guidance of Rodney Trotter, Macdonald Chitja and Rupert Edwardes, the Company has extensive experience in subdivisions, consolidations and township development, ranging from low-cost developments to high-end estates.
Mortgage Bond and Financial Institution Home Loans and Commercial Bond Registrations:
Neil Painter heads this department, which is staffed by qualified and experienced Conveyancing secretaries, some of whom are ex-senior bank staff. We are on the preferred panels of every major retail financial institution which offers residential home loan mortgage products, and development, commercial, agricultural or industrial mortgage loans.
As lodging agents for some one hundred and fifty firms from all areas of KwaZulu-Natal, Stowell & Co probably has the largest Agency Conveyancing practice in the Province. This Department is headed by Adrian Stowell and Susan Ramchandra together with one qualified conveyancer, two Candidate Attorneys, two experienced paralegals and qualified Agency Conveyancing Secretaries making up the staffing of this Department. Adrian has over fifty years’ experience and specialization in Agency and he and Susan are leading authorities in the field. We pride ourselves in offering a “same day lodgment” service. Being connected to the national Deeds Registry system, as well as being situated across the road from the Pietermaritzburg Deeds Office, we are also able to offer same-day search reports.
Interprovincial Agency Conveyancing:
In addition to our Local Agency department, we act for some 280 firms situated elsewhere in South Africa. This Department is headed by Macdonald Chitja.